After Easiest French, a good next step is See It and Say It in French.
[by Margarita Madrigal and Colette Dulac].
FEATURES OF SEE IT AND SAY IT IN FRENCH:
Certain features of the See It and Say It in French make it a good next step to follow the Easiest French:
• Features foreign words similar to English [as in Easiest Foreign Languages]. “If you can speak English, you can teach yourself French.”
• Word and picture method: Each new word or sentence is accompanied by a line drawing that instantly explains its meaning. Illustrations throughout the books.
• Each page contains one lesson.
• Conversation lessons in short sentences about familiar everyday situations.
• Repetition to help you remember.
• Exercises to test your progress.
• Progressively adds foreign words to your vocabulary.
• Easy key words for a large vocabulary.
• Short traveler's word guide of words used in restaurants, hotels, and stores.
• Small French to English dictionary.
• Series in print and in use continuously since 1962.
• No phonetic pronunciation for each word, so more helpful for reading than speaking (more for 'see it' than 'say it').
• Old-fashioned, from 1962.
REVIEWS OF SEE IT AND SAY IT IN FRENCH BY USERS
[can be read in full at Amazon.com]
• “This book is a very good way to begin learning the complicated French language.”
• “It is the first French language book I go to because it's also a fun book which makes it easier to retain what I've read.”
• Because it seemed almost too simple, this book sat on my shelf gathering dust for a long time. I just recently started to read it again and have found it does a great job in presenting vocabulary and sentence structure in a way that is easy to remember.
• This book will get you started with phrases and proved a real survivor manual for me while traveling through France.