After Easiest Italian, a good next step is See It and Say It in Italian.
[by Margarita Madrigal and Salvadori Giuseppina].
FEATURES OF SEE IT AND SAY IT IN ITALIAN:
Certain features of the See It and Say It in Italian make it a good next step to follow the Easiest Italian:
• Features foreign words similar to English [as in Easiest Foreign Languages]. “If you can speak English, you can teach yourself Italian.”
• Word and picture method: Each new word or sentence is accompanied by a line drawing that instantly explains its meaning. Illustrations throughout the books.
• Each page contains one lesson.
• Conversation lessons in short sentences about familiar everyday situations.
• Repetition to help you remember.
• Exercises to test your progress.
• Progressively adds foreign words to your vocabulary.
• Easy key words for a large vocabulary.
• Short traveler's word guide of words used in restaurants, hotels, and stores.
• Small Italian to English dictionary.
• Series in print and in use continuously since 1962.
• No phonetic pronunciation for each word, so more helpful for reading than speaking (more for 'see it' than 'say it').
• Old-fashioned, from 1962.
REVIEWS OF SEE IT AND SAY IT IN ITALIAN BY USERS
[can be read in full at Amazon.com]
• “The author claims that the user will be ‘pleasantly surprised at how easy it is to learn Italian with the method used in this book.’ I must say that truer words were never written. This little book will somehow have you ‘thinking’ basic Italian very quickly.”
• “This is a classic book. So easy to learn with pictures and words. For someone who knows no Italian, it is the perfect book to start with.”
• “I've used many language help books but this one is my favorite. I felt like I could indeed self teach Italian.”
• “My husband and I review this book from cover to cover each year before we go back to Italy. We have been doing this for 20 years.”